Group Leader to lead, guide, and mentor a group of multi-disciplined engineering professionals; develop new and maintain existing client relationships; plan, develop, coordinate, and direct a number of engineering projects concurrently; work closely with the Executive Vice President to ensure that companies goals and guidelines are maintained. The Group Leader is also responsible for seeking and developing new Project Managers. Ultimately, the Group Leader will develop a business within the business, have the ability to bring in work, and manage it profitably. Typical Group Leaders manage groups with an annual revenue of $2-$5 million per year. Responsibilities are as follows:
Office Management and Team Leadership
- Manage both technical and non-technical staff to ensure that their performance meets office and firm-wide goals and objectives.
- Ensure that companies policies and procedures are fairly and consistently followed.
- Train staff to develop within their career/profession and to further the goals of the firm.
Client Relationship Management and Marketing
- Actively involved in client marketing activities, cross-selling firms services available beyond scope requirements for future.
- Develop and manage client relationships within the markets sector or sectors associated with your group.
- Maintain firms industry reputation by always conducting business in a courteous and professional manner.
- Closely involved in proposal process. Tasks include delivering presentation, negotiating fees to perform project of a certain scope, reviewing and approving written proposal documents, and obtaining authorized signatures on contracts.
- Project Team Management
- Assure that project reporting is accurately stated via timecard reporting and accounting department billing documents.
- Interview and recruit employees as required. In conjunction with the EVP and Chiefs, assist in the selection of staff. Conduct employee performance appraisals, set goals associated with performance process, and conduct disciplinary actions and terminations as required.
- Monitor progress of work and take appropriate action when team performance deviates from established plan.
- Ensure that companies quality standards are met.
- Oversee coordination of trades.
- Ensure that deadlines and schedules are met and strive to complete the project to the full satisfaction of the client and within the established budget and schedule.
- Coordinate design review; verify that the quality of work and design are as agreed.
- Oversee construction administration process.
- Manage and direct employees assigned to project and group. Help employees to grow and develop in their disciplines, mentoring when appropriate.
Business Planning and Accounting
- Develop short-term as well as long-term business development strategies for assigned market sector.
- Constantly review work in progress and future work to ensure that employees assigned to group remain busy and profitable. Communicate relevant information promptly to EVP.
- Oversee a variety of projects at various stages of construction to ensure that deadlines are met, budgets are monitored, variances are explained, and that profitability and quality is on target.
- Assist with collections of accounts receivable on current and past projects as needed, mediating between firms A/R department and Client Project Manager.
- Responsible for profitable completion of projects.
- Understand technical issues of each project including:
- Terms of Agreement
- Changes in agreed scope
- Meeting established goals for project consistent with contract agreements
- Establish man-hour budgets by trade for the project
- Know project goals and schedule requirements
- Monitor project’s actual progress and billings versus budget through regular meetings with EVPs.
- Graduate from an engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation for Engineering and Technology (A.E.T.) or from a non-accredited engineering curriculum or related engineering science or with a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven track record of generating business in the MEP industry and established contacts with architects and business in the area. Experience in commercial, higher education, and/or housing projects preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the consulting engineering field designing and managing projects independently including development of plans and specifications.
- PE license required.
- Must have thorough understanding of the principles of HVAC design as well as a general understanding of the principles of all the engineering disciplines.
- Must keep current through continuing education.
- Computer proficiency in AutoCAD MEP, Revit, Microsoft Office, and project management software applications.
- Must have strong leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor and excellent presentation skills.
- Must have well-developed business development skills.
- Possesses a strong ability to make quick decisions and effectively implement actions related to decisions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to positively interact with staff at every level of the organization.
- Must have ability to build an effective team, facilitate team spirit, and resolve conflicts independently.
- Communicates effectively with staff, vendors, and clients.
Please send us your Resumes at email@example.com for Review.
Wazeer Khan LLC