The person has to be a licensed electrician / Master/Journeymen.
The Electrical Systems Lead supports the client’s critical environments. These facilities operate 24/7 and risks must be managed to allow for continual operational up-time. The Electrical Systems Lead will be responsible for the oversight of all electrical distribution equipment/system maintenance and operations. This role will also coordinate project work and repairs, as well as manage the client’s electrical vendor contracts supporting all sites in the Central Texas region.
In Addition, the Electrical Systems Lead role will be responsible for coordinating major electrical PM’s (completed by third party vendors). This will include scheduling, procedure creation, vendor escorting, documentation management, and the coordination of follow up repairs. This role will also be responsible for coordinating arc flash analysis and electrical coordination studies (both performed by third party vendors).
This role will also participate in the after-hours on-call rotation. The on-call team is accountable for after-hours support covering the operational performance readiness, reliability, and integrity of the mission-critical infrastructure systems which include (but not limited to) the following:
Utility Feeds, Transfer Switches, Switchgear, Generators, Fuel Pumps and Fuel Storage, UPS Units, STS/PDU Units, Backup Batteries, Chillers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, VFDs, AHUs, CRACs, CRCUs, Fire Detection, Fire Suppression, BAS, and Leak Detection systems.
The successful candidate must have an understanding how these systems function and be capable of performing operational corrective measures. This includes resetting alarms, operating breakers, operating transfer switches, starting back-up systems, etc.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and modification of all building electrical systems including switchgear, generators, transfer switches, UPS, DC battery systems, STS, PDU, and lighting
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance procedures
- Assist in developing capital plans which would include planning for infrastructure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained
- Coordinate electrical predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance routines and service requests with outside vendors
- Responsible for alerting management and the client of building discrepancies
- Responsible for purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance, and technical proficiency
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings. Includes implementation of advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform
- Coordinate maintenance activities on nights and weekends as needed
- Support electrical vendors on audits, assessments, and preventive and repair activities
- Administer the Critical Facility Change Request notifications and Critical Facility Incident Reporting processes to Data Center Management standards as needed
- Responsible for keeping records to include (but not limited to): building maintenance, equipment warranties, building one-line drawings, assessments, audits, and all applicable electrical system logs and data sheets
- Track electrical loads for all critical systems
- Understand and work within the accounts Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Coordinate the installation, maintenance, repair, and testing of electrical equipment and systems
- Responsible for providing technical input and support to facility projects and modifications, including construction support, commissioning, and final acceptance, as applicable
- Must have the ability to design solutions for difficult problems
- Develops, reviews, and approves construction and maintenance work plans for assigned facilities and systems
- Team with engineering counterparts in other regions in the sharing of new ideas, methods, and processes which support the goals and financial objectives of the client
- Work collaboratively with the Energy Management team to develop programs that reduce energy consumption and increase sustainable practices
- Ensure all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building is maintained and up to date, including up-to-date building one-line drawings as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State, or Local law
- Meet all timelines while handling multiple projects and daily activities
- Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, respond to operational and emergency situations, and provide technical guidance and direction during real time problem management
- Demonstrate strong skills and experience in raised floor critical operating environments and associated procedures and best practice
- Ensures all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with established work standards, government regulatory compliance, and standard operating procedures
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment
- Participate in the safety training program and any other safety protocols outlined by company or client policy
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment
- Must interface with Critical Operations Team to coordinate Critical Environment Management Program. This will include but not be limited to scheduling maintenance windows in Change Management, participating in staff meetings, interfacing with key vendors and project management personnel, and keeping up with written communications within the Critical Environment Team
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and supporting the Critical Environment Management program reflecting client requirements and industry best practices
- Assist with annual budget development for areas of responsibility
- Comply with all JLL and client policies and procedures as established
- Participate in Company Training and local professional trade organizations and third-party training programs to stay current with technological trends of the industry
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends
- Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of office buildings
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical, and safety training programs
- Ensure that communication with the engineering and facilities management staff is effective and thorough
- Provide the highest standard of professionalism, accountability, and reliability in support of operational and business objectives
- Perform additional duties or acts in other capacities as required to meet the company’s and/or the client’s objectives.
Please send us your updated Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate considerations.
Wazeer Khan LLC