- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial, domestic purposes.
- Prepares and/or directs CAD department to produce thorough engineering documentation to record these designs.
- Contributes to the material procurement process by preparing specifications and reviewing vendors’ quotations for technical accuracy.
- Determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Prepares test programs by designing experiments, conducts or directs these experiments, gathers and evaluates test data and writes test reports.
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new industrial uses.
- Directs and participates in activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Attendance to FAT required. Periodic field travel to oversee electrical contractor’s progress also required.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with hazardous areas electrical classifications a must. Comfortable and familiar with voltages up to 480V and medium voltage (up to 4,160V) installations
- Knowledge and familiarity with process controls, Variable Speed Drives (VFD) and Soft Starts (SS) a must
- Use of power modeling software (ETAP preferred) to conduct power system analyses (motor starting transient, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination and arc flash)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD desirable
- Solicit vendor pricing and develop cost estimates for electrical equipment and installation labor a part of team effort to prepare project proposal. Familiarity with RS Means a plus
- Use prepared engineering documents as part of complete bid package to allow contractors to bid accurately. Analyze returning bids for completeness and pricing. Select and approve contractors
- Thorough knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) and NFPA 70E (Electrical Safety). Other NFPA codes familiarity a plus especially NFPA 59A Standard for the Production, Storage, and Handling of Liquefied Natural Gas
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE) from four-year college or university
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience
- Field Construction Experience Required
- P.E. preferred.
Please send us your updated Resume for Review at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wazeer Khan LLC