The basic function of the Commissioning Engineer is the participation in the demonstration and documentation of the performance of the Building Systems, LEED process, troubleshooting analysis, facility condition assessment and energy conservation measure surveys, under the umbrella of commissioning, retro-commissioning, and re-commissioning.
Performs assignments designed to understand commissioning work, practicing and learning abilities that are applied toward techniques, procedures, and criteria for related commissioning tasks.
In this role you will work closely with Senior Commissioning Engineers and Project Managers (PM) for technical review and guidance. Using prescribed methods, and/or working from standard documents, performs specific and daily assignments. Applies standard practices and techniques in situations, adjusts and gathers data, and follows operations through a series of related steps or processes, including, but not limited to:
- Perform basic calculations
- Assist in the evaluation of fundamental engineering guidelines, code compliance requirements and industry standards
- Assist in the development of Commissioning Documentation (Cx Plans, Specification, Reports, Manuals, Checklist, Tests, Review and Issue Logs, etc.)
- Assist in design and submittal review process.
- Attend site visits to verify system/equipment installation and prepare field reports to document site observations and/or functional testing
- Assists with analyzing test results and comparing to acceptance criteria outlined
- in the test procedure.
- Assists with Troubleshooting, analyzing and/or researching equipment/system
- issues to determine root cause.
- Assists in developing and recommending solutions and/or corrective action for
- commissioning issues identified during site visits and/or functional testing.
- Participate on multiple projects concurrently.
- Participation in the commissioning of facility management systems (i.e., bar coding, P.M. work order system, organization structure, and computerized maintenance management software.)
- Other duties may include but are not limited to photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and any other miscellaneous duties, which may be required from time to time to assist in completing the project and the smooth operation of the firm.
- Update job knowledge and technical expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in technical organizations
- Interstate travel is periodically required perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation for Engineering and Technology or from a non-accredited engineering curriculum or related engineering science or with a B.S. degree in engineering Technology (preferred).
- 3 years of acceptable engineering experience or specific on-the-job experience in a consulting engineering, company, construction firm, or facility management organization.
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems preferred but not required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Security and CORI clearance from commercial, private and government agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read drawings is a plus Beneficial to have introductory working knowledge of BIM Revit and AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable of job site safety and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Commissioning Certification in LEED AP, BCCB, NEBB, ASHRAE or ACG preferred but not required.
- Desire to obtain engineer-in-training (EIT) certification preferred.
Please send us your updated Resume at Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks & Regards